Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pumpkin cookies

Today, we made our first round of pumpkin deserts.  The first pumpkin that met its death was used for pumpkin cookies.  Mischief assured me that she would let me make something out of her pumpkins that she got, and she chose the cookies.  I have never made anything from real pumpkins before, so this was a first for me.  The extra two sets of hands really helped me out!

To start with, we had to butcher the pumpkin.  Mischief picked the pumpkin to be used for the cookies, and said, "Here you go.  Use this one, but be really gentle because I'm gonna miss him."  Then, she turned to her pumpkin and said, "I'm sorry, but you're gonna taste really good in those cookies!  But, boy am I gonna miss you!"  And, she gave it a little pat as she was handing it over.  So, I cut the pumpkin and had a lot of help cleaning it out.


He really just wanted to play in the goop.  
 Then, we put the pumpkin on the cookie sheet to bake.
After the pumpkin was baked, I peeled the skin off and put it in the blender.  When the blender makes noise, the kids go running and screaming into the other room to be goofy about the noise.  Then, I asked the kids if they wanted to push the button on the blender, and that only brought a few tears when they got scared!
yummy pureed pumpkin goo
Then we made counting lessons out of adding all the ingredients together.  When we finally got everything blended, the kids got to mix it all together.
And they only made a slight mess of stuff flying out of the bowl!
 At last, we got all of the stuff mixed together, and it was time to make the cookies.  When the cookies came out of the oven, I heard, "oh pumpkin!  How I missed you!  But you sure are tasty!"  I believe she has a weird way of mourning...
yum yum
I think we should call it a success!  They sure are tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment