Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

I ran out of time last night, so I am going to tell you about two lovely days wrapped together in one post!

First of all, yesterday was my birthday, and the kids were sooo excited!  Really, any celebration is more for them than me anyway, but who's paying attention?  Last year, I had to make my own cake because the kids wanted birthday cake, and who else was going to make it?  This year, a friend gave me a giant birthday cookie, so at least I didn't have to bake a cake.  The cookie was so good and covered in blue icing that Mayhem actually had God bless the birthday cookies before he blessed the birthday girl during prayers last night.  Mischief just tells everybody that I'm old and asks me, "Since you're old now, do you forget stuff?  Do you need to go to the doctor?  How long before you die?"  Happy Birthday to me.

I spent most of my birthday making dairy and nut free cookies for the Valentine's day parties at the schools.  This wouldn't have been a chore, except it was my birthday (and I am now old), and I, evidently, do not have a decent recipe for dairy free cookies.  Basically, I fed the kids in both classes playdoh patties.  But, my icing was good (as my icing is always good), and that really makes the cookie anyway, right?

At these parties, there is always fun stuff going on.  For instance, at the 3 year old preschool party, two of the kids do not speak English.  That's always fun.  They simply get frustrated and start yelling.  I do not know how Mayhem's teacher does it.  She is a saint.  Really, all teachers are saints.  But, Mayhem is one of the calmer kids in class!  In fact, on kid keeps lifting her shirt, or pulling it down, since there is a new baby at home.

Mischief's kindergarten teacher is also a saint.  And, no, she did not pay me to say that!  She puts up with a lot, as all teachers do, and Mischief genuinely loves her teacher.  More importantly than her teacher, however, is her teacher's son.  He goes to the same school, and is in second grade.  Mischief has come to know him and dearly loves him, too!  She refused to leave her party today, until we stayed after school so Porter could make a Valentine's day cookie with her.  She knows he likes to decorate cookies, so she is always very concerned that he gets his cookie!

Kids are so stinking cute at this age!  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment