Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I'm High!

You all know I am very, very sick of having sick kids, and I am so tired of being sick myself!  However, we just go with the flow, and do what we have to do.  Anyway, Mischief is sick again.  Her brother has had it for weeks, with ear infections, a sinus infection, and fluid on his lungs.  He has been treated with antibiotics that don't seem to be working.  So, we went back to the doctor, and have him on additional medications.  So, Mischief has been fighting off his evil germs for weeks.

Today, the nastiness of Mayhem has caught up with Mischief.  She is complaining of her ears hurting, but wouldn't admit it to me.  She said her ears did not hurt, but she wanted to know what happened to her brother at the doctor when he went in for an ear infection.  Mainly, she wanted to know if he had to have tests (of the blood test variety).  When I told her the doctor just looked in her brother's ears, then she admitted her ears hurt.  Silly girl!  It's amazing how they didn't hurt when she thought she had to have tests!  Then, we took her temperature.  It was a minor temp early this evening, and she had to tell everybody about it.  Then, later, after supper that she wouldn't eat, she felt warmer, so I took her temp again.  This time it was higher than before.

With her new high fever, Mischief walked around and informed Mayhem that she was high.  "Well, certainly higher than I was before!"  Then, she told her dad she was "even higher."  Frankly, it cracked me up (as she is red in the face with droopy eyes) telling everybody that she was just "higher."  "I'm so high!"

No comments:

Post a Comment