Thursday, April 14, 2011

The TV War

I am a person who likes my television.  I enjoy picking out my shows, getting addicted to them, and living vicariously through the characters in the show.  I wait all week long to see the new episode, and have my list of shows to watch every day of the week.  Or at least I used to be...

These days, I have to watch a selection of mind numbing (stimulating for the children) kid's shows.  Not occasionally, but every day, by the hour.  I am a believer that children should not watch violence and angry programming, so I give up control of the television.  Shows for children can be very educational and stimulating for the kids, but many of them are violent and actually written for adults.  Therefore, we watch PBS or our movies that we have hand picked and watched previous to the children watching it.

Oh well, one of these days, I will win the television war and get control of my remote!

No comments:

Post a Comment