Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

The kids had a blast going from door to door, begging for candy!  I never went trick-or-treating when I was young, because my mom was not a huge believer in the practice.  However, the kids, obviously, hear about it from school, so we have to go :)

So, this year, I gave the kids the option of what costumes they wanted to wear.  Mischief wanted to be a nurse, and Mayhem (finally) decided on a spider, after he went through a crab, spider, bear, daddy, etc.  I finished his costume at 5:30 for a 6:00 treat time, in fact!

Anyway, the super funny thing that happened tonight was Mischief's explanation of the rules of Halloween candy.  We went through holding hands, staying together, not crossing the street along, and being polite.  Then Mischief informs me that I have to check her bucket before they eat their candy.  Ok, yes, I have to check the candy.  Then, she tells me that, no, her teacher said I have to check the bucket for holes because somebody could have put holes in her bucket.  If there are holes in her bucket, she would probably lose some candy.  So, I needed to do the bucket check, IMMEDIATELY!  I tried to explain that it was the candy which needed check, and I was obviously wrong, because, "My teacher said it was important to make sure the bucket didn't have any holes in it before I eat the candy!"

Oh brother, I believe she somehow got the message mixed up - or has certain priorities!!!

Mischief is a nurse

Mayhem is a spider

Spider Mayhem!

No comments:

Post a Comment