Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mother of the Year Award

We all know life is about lessons.  Today, we had to learn a lesson in listening and doing what you are told, when you are told to do it.  Mayhem and I went to the grocery today, after we dropped his sister off to school.  I opened Mayhem's door, and asked him to unbuckle his seat belt and get out.  He told me, "No," several times.  I threatened to leave him in the car, and he still refused!  So, I got tired of him calling my bluff, and decided to prove my point!

I, very calmly, locked the car and took a step back, where Mayhem wouldn't be able to see me due to the giant blind spot my car has on the back end.  I never left the side of the car; Mayhem just thought I did!  He took about 30 seconds of looking for me, then he started crying.  Instantly, I unlocked and opened the car, and asked him to unbuckle his seat belt and get out of the car.  He immediately followed directions, and got out of the car.  And, just to teach me a lesson, he sobbed the entire time in the parking lot, "I can't quit crying because you left me!"  Yep, he broadcast to the whole world!  I guess I just got awarded the "Mother of the Year Award."  However, I definitely had a very obedient child the entire rest of the day and evening, with no more arguing about what was going to happen and when, so I guess it worked ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment