Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Potty Training on the Horizon

Mayhem is 22 months old and does not speak English most of the time.  Usually, he speaks his own language.  He is starting to learn words, but only a few intermittently.

Today, I changed his diaper and told him to get his shoes on to go pick up his sister.  Instead of going to the coat closet like normal, he opened the bathroom door with a big grin on his face.  I asked, "What are you doing?"  He says, "Potty."  So I asked him if he was going potty, and he shook his head up and down.  He turned the light on, and climbed up onto the closed toilet.  I thought he was just pretending because he had seen his sister sitting up there to get her hair dried.

However, to my surprise, he came out of the bathroom, got his shoes, and started putting them on his feet.  When he had been in the bathroom, fully clothed and diapered, he had filled his pants.  So, he told me he was going potty, sat on the toilet, and went potty.

I guess potty training really IS on the horizon.  I am open to any tips and hints about potty training boys versus girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment