Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hide and Seek

Today, in lieu of having weather two little kids can go outside and play in, we stayed inside and played hide and seek.  I had to do something to wear my son out, so he would actually take his afternoon nap, rather than taking his clothes off!

So, hide and seek it was.  It was HILARIOUS!!!  Emersen loves to hide, but when she does, she announces where she is going to hide, and calls her brother to her while she's hiding.  Not productive.  Then, she wants me to hide.  So, I hide in a couple of places, all very obvious and have a good laugh when neither one of them can find me.  Nathan will find me, and is squealing and pointing, but Emersen says, "no, Nathan, Mommy's not in there!"  Neither one of them pay attention to the dog who follows me around, sits and looks wherever I am hiding, and frequently barks at me.

The best one was when I was hiding on the bed in the bedroom, covered with a blanket, and she walks in the bedroom, asks, "Mommy, where are you?"  And I responded, "In the kitchen," so she headed out to the kitchen, and yelled, "Mommy, I can't find you out here either!"

So, if you have nothing better to do with your kids, play hide and seek!

No comments:

Post a Comment